- January 1, 2016: Byrav Ramamurthy leads UNL team on NSF project
investigating use of software-defined networking and content-centric
networking for enhancing campus cyberinfrastructure. see Award
announcement on NSF website
- August 13, 2012: Byrav Ramamurthy appointed as Graduate Chair for the
Department of Computer Science and Engineering at UNL. For more information
on our Graduate programs, see CSE website and UNL Graduate Studies website.
- March 15, 2012: Byrav Ramamurthy to serve as General Co-Chair for IEEE
LANMAN 2013 to be held in Brussels, Belgium (website).
- December 15, 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy to serve as TPC Co-Chair for IEEE MASS 2012 (website).
- August 15, 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy promoted to Full Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engg. at the
University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- July-August 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy presents an Invited Paper titled "Cost and Reliability Considerations in Designing the
Next-Generation IP over WDM Backbone Networks" at the ICCCN 2011 conference. This
paper is joint work with AT&T Labs researchers.
- June 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy co-authors paper at DRCN 2011 with AT&T Labs researchers. The paper is titled "SRLG-Diverse Routing of Multiple Circuits in a Heterogeneous Optical Transport Network." The conference will be held in Krakow, Poland in October 2011.
- June 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy chairs the TPC for the IEEE ANTS 2011 conference, the premier IEEE ComSoc
conference on Networking and Telecommunications in India (Bangalore, India, December 17-21, 2011). Submission deadline: August 29, 2011. (website).
- May 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy chairs the TPC of IEEE LANMAN 2011 workshop to be held in Chapel Hill, North Carolina (Oct 13-14, 2011) (website).
- April 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy invited to serve on the Steering Committee for IEEE ANTS conference.
- April 10-15, 2011: Byrav Ramamurthy chairs the Technical Program Committee (TPC) at IEEE INFOCOM 2011 held in
Shanghai, China (website).
- October 2010: Byrav Ramamurthy invited to serve on the Editorial board for the Optical Switching and Networking (OSN) journal from Elsevier.
- October 2010: Congratulations to Byrav Ramamurthy (PI) and Lisong Xu (co-PI) who
received a Research Mini-grant from the NASA Nebraska Space
Grant for the project entitled "Multimedia Communications Over
- October 2010: Byrav Ramamurthy invited to serve on the TPC for ACM SIGCOMM 2011, the premier networking
conference. ACM SIGCOMM 2011 will be held in Toronto, Canada in August 2011.
- Oct. 14, 2010: Byrav Ramamurthy describes the Nebraska groundwater monitoring network (funded by
USDA) at IEEE SenseApp 2010
in Denver, Colorado. (Project website)
- August 27, 2010: Congratulations to Byrav Ramamurthy who has received an NSF
Award as the UNL PI of a large collaborative project entitled "FIA:
Collaborative Research: MobilityFirst: A Robust and Trustworthy
Mobility-Centric Architecture for the Future Internet," with a
performance period of 9/1/10 to 8/31/13. This award is part of a
multi-institutional collaborative award of over $7.5 Million. The other 8
university partners are Rutgers (Lead), U. Mass-Amherst, MIT, U. Wisconsin-
Madison, UNC, Duke, U. Michigan, and U. Mass-Lowell. (NSF Press release) (Rutgers Press release) (UNL News Today@UNL) (Scientific American web article) (Daily Nebraskan)
- August 15, 2010: IEEE INFOCOM 2011 receives a record number of 1750+ paper submissions. TPC Chairs are Ramamurthy, Wu and Zhang and the conference will be held in April 2011 in Shanghai, China. (Documents for Authors/TPC members) (website).
- July 20, 2010: Byrav Ramamurthy and Ph.D. Student Praga Angu demonstrate dynamic circuit setup across Internet2 DCN (ION) and ProtoGENI networks from UNL to MAX (managed by USC/ISI) at the GEC8: GENI Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA as part of the GpENI project team (GENI Cluster B).
- July 15, 2010: Our book on Next Generation Internet: Architectures and Protocols (Eds. Ramamurthy, Rouskas and Sivalingam) to be published by Cambridge University Press in February 2011. ISBN: 9780521113687 (website).
- June 23, 2010: Congratulations to M.S. student, Anusha Ravula for the paper "A Tabu Search Approach for Joint Scheduling of Resources in a Lambda Grid Network" being accepted to the Optical Network and Systems (ONS) symposium at IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 conference (Miami, FL), December 2010.
- June 23, 2010: Congratulations to Ph.D. student, Praga Angu for the paper "Continuous and Parallel Optimization of Dynamic Bandwidth Scheduling for WDM Networks being accepted to the Optical Network and Systems (ONS) symposium at IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 conference (Miami, FL), December 2010.
- June 7, 2010: Congratulations to graduate students, Mukesh Subedee and Pragatheeswaran
Angu, who won the Best Poster Award at the recent GPN Annual Meeting held in Kansas City.
The poster was entitled "GpENI@UNL: UNL Contributions to a Regional Network Testbed"
Congratulations also to co-author, Kent Christensen from UNL Information Services.
- May 22, 2010: Byrav Ramamurthy chairs the ONTC Technical Committee meeting in Cape Town, South Africa held as part of
the IEEE ICC 2010 conference. Meeting Agenda and minutes can be found here.
- April 27, 2010: Congratulations to PhD student, Yuyan Xue, for being honored with
the Outstanding PhD Student Award
by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- March 24, 2010: Congratulations to PhD student, Yuyan Xue and co-author Prof. M. Can
Vuran for the paper "Cost-Efficiency of Anycast-Based Forwarding in Duty-Cycled WSNs with
Lossy Channel" being accepted to the IEEE SECON 2010 program (Acceptance rate: 23%).
In the Spotlight
News and Events
- Lincoln's ABC affiliate
KLKN TV aired a
two-part story on the topic of "War Driving" on its Channel 8 Eyewitness news
programs at 10pm on July 14 and 15, 2004. The programs featured interviews with
Prof. Byrav Ramamurthy who provides practical tips to secure your wireless
Part-1 (43.5MB, AVI, Windows Media Player/RealPlay) and
Part-2 (43.4MB, AVI, Windows Media Player/RealPlay)
Video on Wireless Security Research at UNL by Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, (11MB, MOV, Apple Quicktime player).
Seminar on "Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs): Security Concerns and Solutions" at the Lincoln Downtown Tech Fair, April 22, 2004.
Seminar on "Secure Group Communications" at the Nebraska Information Technology Security Day, Lincoln, Nebraska, November 30, 2004.
Seminar on "Access Grid (AG) Node at UNL" at the PRISM Program of Excellence Open House, Lincoln, Nebraska, September, 2003.