the page will be regularly updated. Check it out regularly for
announcements of required/recommended reading material, homework, etc.
Prereq: CSCE310, Data structures and algorithms.
Course description: Introduction to the basic principles,
techniques and tools now being used in the area of
computational. Lecture topics will include problem solving, knowledge
representation and reasoning, search, expert systems, and planning and
action. More advanced topics may be included depending on class
interests and performance. Programming will be done in Common Lisp
using Allegro Common Lisp (ACL) and its programming environment.
Lectures: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Location: Avery Hall, Room 118.
Make-up Class/Recitation: Monday from
3:30 p.m. to 4:20
p.m. 5:00--5:50 P.M.
Location: Avery Hall, Room 20.
Instructor: Prof. Berthe Y. Choueiry
Office location: Room 360, Avery Hall,
Office hours: Wednesday/Friday 3:30-4:30
p.m. or by appointment.
TA: Grad TA Nathan Stender
Office location: Room 123D, Avery
Office hours: @ Student Resource
Center on Thursdays 5:30-6:30 p.m. or by
- Course WebPage: You can access all information about the course from the course WebPage. Check the course schedule to prepare for each class.
- Blackboad: Grades are posted on Blackboard. Check them regularly and alert us about grading errors within 7 calendar days.
- Piazza: For a quick response, send your questions to Piazza. Your message will be read by the TA and the instructor and they will respond to you ASAP.
- Webhandin: All homework, projects, reports, etc. must be submitted via the webhandin system of CSE.
- Anonymous Suggestion Box: You may also choose to drop us a note in the Anonymous Suggestion Box to express any opinion about the course. (You can do it also via Piazza.)
Textbooks (check the bookstore):
Required: Artificial Intelligence, A Modern Approach (AIMA), Third Edition,
by Russell & Norvig.
Required: LISP, 3rd Edition; (LWH). Winston & Horn.
Optional (recommended): Common Lisp, the Language. Guy Steele.