Sruti Das Choudhury
Sruti Das ChoudhuryResearch Assistant Professor
- Teaching (20%): “Computer Vision” (CSCE 473/873) in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Research (30%): Conduct research improving existing and developing new innovative algorithms for computer vision based plant phenotyping research using suite of imaging modalities, e.g. visible, fluorescent, infrared, near infrared and hyperspectral; participate in transdisciplinary research pertaining to plant phenotyping.
- Scholary service and creative activity (50%): Lead the plant phenotyping software development using OpenCV, C++ and Matlab; dataset creation tailored to specific computer vision challenges with proper description and direction of use.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A
- Early Career Research Fellow, Institute of Advanced Study, University of Warwick, U.K.
Completed 2-year teaching qualification course entitled “Post Graduate Award: Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice” at the University of Warwick, U.K., 2013.
- Ph.D., School of Engineering, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- M.Tech., Computer Science and Application, University of Calcutta, India
- B.Tech., Information Technology, West Bengal University of Technology, India
- Computer vision based plant phenotyping
- Human identification based on gait analysis
- Medical image processing
- Lecturer in the Department of Information Technology in “Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management”, INDIA (8th September, 2005 - 30th September, 2010).
- In-charge of Bachelor of Computer Application in Nopany Institute of Management Studies, INDIA (Aug. 2006-Sept. 2007).
- Laboratory Demonstrator in the School of Engineering, University of Warwick, U.K. (2010-2013).
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Honorable mention, outstanding postdoctoral researcher, UNL, USA.
- 2016 Early Career Researchers Travel Award by Big Data Midwest Hub located at UIUC, USA.
- 2014 Insitutte of Advenced Study Early Career Research Fellowship, University of Warwick, U.K.
- 2013 Awarded EPSRC grant as the principl investigator of the interdisciplinary research project: "Smart Surveillance System: Multimodal Biometrics for Security and Law Enforcement".
- 2010 Awarded Warwick Postgraduate Research Fellowship and Engineering Bursary for PHD study.
- 2009 Secured first class first position in M.Tech (gold medallist).
S. D. Choudhury, and T. Tjahjadi. 2016. Clothing and Carrying Condition Invariant Gait Recognition using Rotation Forest. Pattern Recognition Letters. 80:1-7.
S. D. Choudhury, and T. Tjahjadi. 2015. Robust View-Invariant Multiscale Gait Recognition. Pattern Recognition. 48:798–811.
S. D. Choudhury, and T. Tjahjadi. 2013. Gait Recognition Based on Shape and Motion Analysis of Silhouette Contour. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. 117:1770-1785.
S. D. Choudhury, and T. Tjahjadi. 2012. Silhouette-Based Gait Recognition using Procrustes Shape Analysis and Elliptic Fourier Descriptors. Pattern Recognition. 52(4):B82-B92.