Step 1: Review admission requirements.
Step 2: Complete online application.
Step 3: Upload application materials.
You will provide basic information including:
- Statement of Purpose describing your goals and plans for graduate school
- CV or Resume
- Three references who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation electronically. You will provide contact information for each reference. You will then be able to send your references an email with a secure link and they'll be able to upload their letters. No hard copies are necessary).
Step 4: Check application status.
For admission with financial consideration: January 15
For admission without financial consideration: March 1
For admission with financial consideration: September 1
For admission without financial consideration: October 1
- It is important to realize that MyRED (formerly WAM - What About Me?) reflects your application status at the university level. Though materials required by Graduate Studies may be complete, this does not mean your application is complete as far as department requirements are concerned.
- You must submit application materials on-line through GAMES. Be sure to finalize and "Submit" (side navigation bar) your application when you are satisfied with all materials provided.
- Individuals providing references can be contacted automatically through GAMES and they will be able to electronically upload their letters through a secure web link. There is no need to have them send a hard copy.
- GAMES reflects your application status at the department level. After you have provided all materials required by the department and finalize your application, GAMES will also be a valuable source of information on your application's status.
Helpful Information for International Applicants
If you are not a U.S. citizen or you have been educated outside the U.S. you may be asking yourself these questions:
- Is my degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree?
- Will I have enough money to support myself and my family?
- Am I prepared for graduate coursework taught in English?
- Am I allowing enough time to meet deadlines and to schedule my visa appointment?
- Will I need a form from the university for a visa interview?
- How should I prepare for arriving in the United States?