Where is my CSE email forwarded to?
As of May 20th, 2019, university policy requires that all university communications be forwarded to the student's @huskers.unl.edu email. As such all email sent your CSE account will be forwarded to your @huskers.unl.edu email. No action is required on your part to enable this forwarding. For more information on this policy or if you are a new students and need to claim your @huskers.unl.edu email, please visit https://its.unl.edu/helpcenter/student-email-migration/
Accessing your email through a web browser
While CSE accounts have an email address associated with them. All new student accounts are configured to automatically forward incoming email messages to @huskers.unl.edu and faculty/staff will have their email forwarded to @unl.edu.
We also do not recommend publishing or using your email address, as these will no longer forward to @huskers.unl.edu or @unl.edu once your CSE account expires.
Webmail for Huskers Users (Students and Alumni)
All university students can set up an @huskers.unl.edu email account, which is hosted by Microsoft's ExchangeLabs. Unlike CSE email addresses, students can keep their huskers.unl.edu account after graduation, so this can become a permanent email address. Students also get to choose the email address when setting up a huskers.unl.edu account. To request an account or log in to the huskers.unl.edu webmail interface, visit http://huskers.unl.edu.
University alumni are also eligible for a lifelong huskers.unl.edu email account. Any alum who cannot log in to request an account at huskers.unl.edu can request an account through the Nebraska Alumni Association. Detailed instructions for that process are available in I.S. Public Knowledge Base Solution 8792.
Webmail for Office365 Users (Faculty and Staff)
The university's primary email service for faculty and staff is hosted by Microsoft's Office365. The Outlook Web App (OWA) is available at http://mymail.unl.edu.
Webmail for CSE-Mail Users - Legacy users
CSE-Mail is the email server for most users who have an email address that ends in @cse.unl.edu.
- The default webmail client is called SquirrelMail, and is available at http://cse-mail.unl.edu/webmail/.
- An alternate webmail client called Roundcube is available at http://cse-mail.unl.edu/roundcube.
Either interface can be used interchangably.
Webmail for CSE-Cyrus Users - Legacy users
Some CSE faculty and staff have been migrated from cse-mail to a separate closed IMAP server called cse-cyrus. This server handles simultaneous connections from multiple email clients better than cse-mail does, but there is no shell (or any other non-IMAP) access to this server.
Webmail access for users with mail on cse-cyrus is available through the Roundcube interface at http://cse-cyrus.unl.edu/roundcube.
How to forward your CSE email (faculty/staff)Email firstname.lastname@example.org asking a forward be setup for your account. Please Include your cse email and the desired destination email address.
Setting up Mac Mail on OSX 10.8+ (legacy users)
- Launch Apple Mail (which will be known as Mail).
- Select "Mail" from the menu bar, then select preferences. Or use the keyboard command. "cmd+,"
- This brings up the preferences dialog, Select the "Accounts" tab on the top of the window. When presented with the accounts window click the plus button in the lower left corner to add a new account.
- Select "Add Other mail account" and click on "Continue"
- Fill in the required information. Please use your full name, CSE email address, CSE password and click on "Create".
- Make sure "Account Type" of IMAP is selected and the mail server is "cse-mail.unl.edu". Enter your CSE login for the User Name and click on "Next" Note that the login does not have the "@cse.unl.edu" specified.
- On the next screen enter "Mail" as the path prefix and make sure "use SSL" is selected then click "Next". Note The "Path Prefix" is a subfolder on your home directory where mail fodlers are kept. If not specified, your mail folders will be kept on your home directory.
- For the outgoing mail server, again enter cse-mail.unl.edu and your CSE login and password and click "Create"
- A new mail account, will be shown on the preferences tab. Close the preferences tab to complete setup on your mail.
- If use have issues, contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Message Size Limits (legacy users)
The maximum message size is 10MB for outgoing email messages sent through SMTP on cse.unl.edu and cse-mail.unl.edu. This limit applies to the entire size of the message, which includes the message body, headers, and any attachments.
If you absolutely need to send a message that is larger than 10MB, you can send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the message size limit temporarily increased on the server. However, large files should not normally be sent as attachments in email messages. Instead, please consider using OneDrive to share files.
Viewing your spam quarantine (legacy users)
Any email that is relayed through cse.unl.edu goes through a spam detection appliance. Any email the appliance deems as likely spam is quarantined.
Daily summaries of quarantined email are sent to users. Users can click on individual messages in the spam quarantine summary to view, deliver, delete or whitelist the sender.
Occasionally, however, it might be necessary to view your spam quarantine immediately. Point a browser to https://cse-barracuda.unl.edu and either log in if you already have an account, or make yourself an account if you do not. Please note that your username will be your CSE login - not your email address