Mathematics + Computer Science Resource Page
In the September 2003 issue of Communications of the ACM, there is a
special discussion on why CS students are required to take Math classes. Here
are the articles.
- Devlin, K. (2003). Why Universities Require Computer Science Students
to Take Math, Communications of the ACM, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 37-39.
- Bruce, K. B., R. L. S. Drysdale, C. Kelemen, and A. Tucker (2003). Why
Math?, Communications of the ACM, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 41-44.
- Henderson, P. B. (2003). Mathematical Reasoning in Software
Engineering, Communications of the ACM, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 45-50.
- Almstrum, V. L. (2003). What is the Attraction to Computing?,
Communications of the ACM, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 51-55.
Final Report of the Joint ACM/IEEE Task Force on Computing Curricula 2001.
SIGCSE Committee on the Implementation of a Discrete Mathematics Course (I am a
member), facilitated by Doug Baldwin and Bill Marion
- Uses of Discrete Math in CS