I am a fourth year Ph.D. student in Systems Biology and Biomedical Informatics (SBBI) Laboratory at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, under the supervision of Dr. Juan Cui. Before joining SBBI, I received my B.S. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics from Huazhong Normal University (Wuhan, China) in 2007 and M.S. in Statistics from University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2013.
Anticipated graduation date: May 2018.
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology:
- Methods of NGS data analysis
- microRNA regulation in Cancers/Obesity
- Biological network analysis
- Applications of high-throughput computing in Bioinformatics
- Predictive modeling
- Ranking/graph algorithms
- Feature/model selection methods
- High-dimensional/large-scale data analysis
Data Mining and Machine Learning:
Graduate Research Assistant @ SBBI
- Jan. 2014 - present
- Supervisor: Dr. Juan Cui
- May 2012 - Dec. 2013
- Supervisor: Dr. Steve Ladunga
Graduate Research Assistant @ CompBio
- Han J, , Cui J. “A New System for Human MicroRNA Functional Evaluation and Network Construction”. IEEE BIBM 2016 (Paper)
- Salas E, , Cserhati M, Weeks D, Ladunga I. “Pluralistic and stochastic gene regulation: examples, models, and consistent theory”. Nucleic Acids Research, 2016. (Paper)
- , Chiang K, Zempleni J, Cui J. “Computational Characterization of Exogenous MicroRNAs that Can Be Transferred into Human Circulation”. PLoS ONE, 2015. (Paper)
- , Chiang K, Zhao D, Cui J. “Human Absorbable Dietary microRNAs Prediction based on an Ensemble Manifold Ranking Model”. IEEE BIBM 2015. (Paper)
- Chiang K, , Zempleni J, Cui J. “Dietary MicroRNA Database (DMD): An archive database and analytic tool for microRNAs in human foods”. PLoS ONE, 2015. (Paper and DMD)
Manuscripts Submitted or in Preparation
- , Cui J. "Dynamic and Modularized MicroRNA Regulation and Its Implication in Human Cancers". Submitted.
- , Cui J. "Obesity and Cancer: A Meta-Analysis on MicroRNA Regulation". Submitted.
- Liao C, , Cui J. “A New Statistical Model for Genome-Scale MicroRNA Target Prediction”. To be submitted.
- Howard K, Baier S, Giraud D, , Cui J, Zempleni J. “MicroRNAs in chicken eggs are bioavailable and down-regulate the expression of BCL2 and BCL2A1 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in healthy adult humans”. To be submitted.
Please see my Curriculum Vitae (short version) for the full list of publications (with refereed abstracts, conference oral presentations, posters, etc).