New Software Engineering Faculty Symposium 2003
( A copy of this document with hot links is available at http://blue.butler.edu/~phenders/nsefs2003 )
The following information regarding undergraduate software engineering curricula may be of general interest.
· The current undergraduate CCSE (Computing Curriculum for Software Engineering) efforts can be found at http://sites.computer.org/ccse/
This includes the Software Engineering Education Knowledge (the SEEK).
· SIGSSOFT Software Engineering Notes (SEN) columns on Software Engineering Education (SEEd) are available at:
The following concern the role of mathematics and mathematical reasoning in software engineering education.
· Keith Devlins’ October 2001 Communications of the ACM Viewpoint article “The Real Reasons Why Software Engineers Need Mathematics”
· The Mathematical Reasoning Groups home page is http://www.math-in-cs.org
· Papers on the role of mathematics in CS and SE education to appear in a forthcoming issue of the Communications of the ACM.
o “Mathematical Reasoning in Software Engineering Education”
o “Why Math?” http://www.math-in-cs.org/CACM4.pdf
· IEEE Software March/April, 2002 Loyal Opposition (Robert L. Glass, Editor) entitled “The Importance of Mathematics to the Software Practitioner”