I am the Program Co-Chair for ICSE 2015, the flagship conference of the Software Engineering Community. Together with my Co-Chair Gerardo Canfora, we are responsible for running the Main Research Track of the conference.
This is a great honor as it means a certain level of recognition by leaders of the community in our research accomplishments and trust in our professionalism to take on such a task.
This honor, however, comes with a boatload of work that is hard to imagine unless you have done some chairing at this scale before. As Program Chairs, we must select and organize the committees, prepare call for papers, set up the submission site and tools, run the submission reviewing and selection process that expects ~500 submissions, and organize the program. (This is something that I expect to write more about in the next few months.)
- Submission date: September 5th 2014
- 10 page paper content + 2 pages of references
- Program committee and Reviewing Committee.
- List of FAQs. To increase the transparency of the process, we have also included a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about how we are running this track.
- Paper Categories (not to be confused with Topics)