Admission to our program depends on many factors:
- Areas of interest
- Recommendation letters
- Statement of purpose
- Qualifications of other applicants
Students admitted to our programs:
- Come with a well-rounded background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Have an academic record including:
- Evidence of the ability to conduct independent work.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (B or better) on a 4.0 scale
- A GRE General Test scores of: Quantitative: 155 or higher; Verbal: 153 or higher, and Analytical: 3.5 or higher
- A TOEFL score of 600(paper based) and 250(computer based) for applicants whose native language is not English
- Internet-based TOEFL exam minimum requirement is 100 out of a maximum of 120.
- The IELTS exam can be taken in place of the TOEFL exam. Minimum recommended score for IELTS Overall Band Score is 6.5.
Admission Requirements for the Computer Science Bioinformatics Specialization
The Admission Requirements and Prerequisites described above are applicable plus the student must have the following two courses or their equivalents:
- Cell Structure and Function or General Genetics (BIOS 201 or BIOS 301)
- Introduction to Biochemistry or Elements of Biochemistry (BIOS 312 or BIOC 221
The Deficiencies described above are replaced with the following three courses. A student who has not taken these courses may be admitted, but he/she must take these as deficiency courses (not for graduate credit).
- Linear Algebra (Math 314)
- Probability and Statistics (Math 380)
- Any course in the CSE Systems Track