The Computer Science and Engineering Department is grateful for the financial support of alumni, corporations, foundations and friends to help enhance their programs, facilities and technology to benefit their students. The following priorities have been determined by the department for funding. Several established funds are also available for donor participation.
PRIORITY FUNDING NEEDS
Create your own fund
Establishing your own fund is the ultimate way to make a difference in the college. Your gift enables the college to stay on top of the constantly changing field of engineering and provide the best possible education for future engineers and community leaders. Your support enables the college to enhance students' experiences through relevant and challenging educational programs, leading edge research and the transfer of knowledge, which helps prepare competent and intelligent graduates who are ready for the fast-paced challenges of a career in the field of engineering.
- Undergraduate Scholarships - Lots of gifted young people dream of going to college—but not everyone has the financial resources to make that dream a reality. That’s where scholarships come in. A gift supporting undergraduate scholarships supports aspiring engineers within the Computer Science and Engineering Department by increasing financial aid opportunities for deserving students enrolled on campus. With the help of scholarships, students are not only realizing the dream of higher education, they are discovering their boundless potential.
- Graduate Fellowships - Whether collaborating with faculty on research, or teaching and mentoring undergraduates, graduate students are crucial to the strength and integrity of the University. The advances these students make in the field of Computer Science and Engineering while at the University of Nebraska greatly enhance its reputation as a leader in education and scientific research. Private support for graduate fellowships ensures that the University of Nebraska will continue to attract the top minds as graduate students, and also the faculty who want to work with these bright, hard working students.
- Student Outreach - Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln is dedicated to opening new doors and exposing students of all ages to the exciting and challenging world of Computing in order to create tomorrow’s technology leaders. Endowed and expendable funds would support student travel to peer review conferences, industry interaction and other outreach activities within the department.
- Technology Development/Equipment Maintenance - The Computer Science and Engineering Department maintains a high standard in technology and equipment used for the development of top quality students. Endowed and expendable funds would assist the department in a planned and consistent technology renewal and equipment maintenance program to properly prepare students for industry standards.
- Computer Science and Engineering Excellence Fund - more details
- Computer Science UNL Department Fund -more details
For more information on how you can make an investment in computer science and engineering through a major, planned or estate gift to the College Contact:
Director of Development for the College of Engineering