The CSE Honors Curriculum offers the opportunity to take your first and second year core CSE courses in separate honors sections. These honors sections typically have much smaller enrollments, cover topics at an accelerated pace so that more advanced topics can also be covered, and provide a more challenging introduction to motivated students. No prior computing or programming knowledge is required, but the honors sections do typically have extra work and/or higher expectations.
Incoming freshmen will receive an invitation to the CSE Honors Program if they meet the following admission requirements.
- A minimum ACT composite score of 29 or a minimum SAT score of 1300
- A class rank equivalent to the top 20%
- Demonstrate high aptitude in advanced mathematics or exposure to CSE topics or a high-level programming language
- Demonstrate a commitment to academic and intellectual excellence
Students who do not meet the initial admission requirements or who did not otherwise receive an invitation may apply to join the CSE Honors Program if they satisfy the following requirements.
- They must have completed at least one academic year at Nebraska or at another institution of higher learning and maintained a minimum GPA of 3.5 in CSE courses and as a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- They must have completed at least two CSCE courses that count toward their degree requirements
- They must have demonstrated the potential for further academic excellence and success in the CSE Honors Program
- They must obtain a recommendation from a CSE faculty member
Students meeting these requirements and wishing to enroll in CSE Honors Curriculum courses should contact the CSE Honors Curriculum Director or the individual instructor for the honors course(s) they are interested in.